Library Services Available during the COVID-19 Crisis
Although the library building remains closed, we are eager to keep providing you all available services and to assist you with any question you may have.
Starting May 25, the library will reopen. We have new opening hours.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (+420) 232 002 535 (Monday to Friday, 9.00 - 17.00), or to schedule a remote video consultation.
My registration with NTK will expire soon. What should I do?
Please don't worry, all registrations that are supposed to expire during the closure will be extended automatically without any fees by six months. You can view registration information after logging into our website on your Main account page.
If you want to borrow print materials from the library, use the catalog to find and order an item.
- We will inform you as soon as your order is available for pick up via email or SMS (you can check which email address and phone number you used when registering with the library). The email or SMS will include a three-digit pickup number and you will need to pick up your order.
- You can pick up your order from the self-service shelf in the After Hours Study Room (ground floor, entrance NTK3). The After Hours Study Room is open Monday to Friday (8.00 - 20.00). Before you leave the room, don’t forget to check out your item(s) using our self-check machine.
- Starting May 25, borrowing services will work in the same way as before the building closure.
To return borrowed materials, use the return box (Bibliobox) located at the NTK3 entrance.
Starting on May 1, you can return print materials to the Bibliobox (return box) located at the NTK3 entrance.
- Please note that due to the necessity of quarantining returned materials, all items you return will be removed from your library account after seven days.
- No return fees were and will be accumulated for the period March 11 until June 7, 2020. If you, however, were charged with return fees from the time prior to the library building closure, please settle them before checking out additional materials.
Please remember that NTK provides access to a wide array of electronic content. Use the search box above or browse our eResources page.
Access to eBooks and eJournals?
- Use the search box above (at the top of every NTK web page) to get access to academic eBooks in English. Remember to set up filters for Full Text Online and Book/eBook. Use the video tutorial How to Search the Library's eResources or schedule a Remote Video Consultation for additional help.
I have a print item(s) checked out with a due date approaching soon. What should I do?
During the library building closure, all materials you have checked out are being automatically renewed, even if an item has been renewed for the maximum number of times, has been reserved by someone else, or if there is a return fee on the item.
No return fees will be accumulated during the library building closure. If you, however, have been charged with return fees from the time prior to the library building closure, please settle them before checking out additional materials.
I have a reserved item waiting for me inside the library. How and when can I pick it up?
Reservations of print materials (both those from before the library building closure and new ones) are now being processed. We will inform you as soon as your order is available and you can pick it up from the self-service shelf in the After Hours Study Room (ground floor, entrance NTK3). The After Hours Study Room is open Monday to Friday (8.00 - 20.00).
If you reserve an item someone else has checked out, please keep in mind that it might take some time to process your order.
Can I use the Interlibrary Loan Service?
The use of this service is limited, since the delivery of some materials is not possible due to government restrictions and library building closures. Nevertheless, please contact us via email or fill out the form. We will check the situation and let you know.
email@example.com – Domestic library loan services
- firstname.lastname@example.org – International library loan services
I need a copy of an item from the library. What should I do?
Contact us at email@example.com and we will let you know if your request will be possible.
I would like to have a consultation about my research, thesis, or other project. Are consultations still provided?
Yes, consultation services are still available. While the building is closed, we will be pleased to answer your questions via email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (+420) 232 002 535, or to schedule a remote video consultation with you.
I planned to attend an NTK workshop. Have all of them been canceled?
Some workshops will be held online as webinars. Keep checking our website and Facebook channel for more details.