Library Services Available during the COVID-19 Crisis
While the library building is closed to the public due to the COVID-19 crisis, the After Hours Study Room temporarily serves both for registration and the picking up/checking out of print materials.
To return checked out material, please use the Bibliobox at the NTK 3 entrance or mail it to the library.
We are eager to keep providing you all available services and to assist you with any question you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact us via email email@example.com or phone 232 002 535 (Monday to Friday, 9:00 – 17:00).
Read on to find out how our services work at the moment:
- As of April 12, a temporary Registration Point is available in the After Hours Study Room (ground floor at the NTK 3 entrance). See opening hours.
- Registration renewal: You can check your registration’s expiration date in the “My account” tab after you log in to the NTK webpage. If your registration is expiring or has done so already, please visit us at the Registration Point.
If you want to borrow print materials from the library, use the catalog to find and order an item.
- We will inform you as soon as your order is available for pick up via email or SMS (you can check which email address and phone number you used when registering with the library). The email or SMS will include a three-digit pickup number and you will need to pick up your order.
- You can pick up your order from the self-service shelf in the After Hours Study Room (ground floor, entrance NTK3). The After Hours Study Room is open every day (8.00 - 20.00). Before you leave the room, don't forget to check out your item(s) using our self-check machine.
To return borrowed materials, use the return box (Bibliobox) located at the NTK3 entrance. You can also send the borrowed materials by post office.
Access to eBooks and eJournals?
Use the search box above (at the top of every NTK web page) to get access to academic eBooks in English. Remember to set up filters for Full Text Online and Book/eBook. Use the video tutorial How to Search the Library's eResources or schedule a Remote Video Consultation for additional help.
I have a print item(s) checked out with a due date approaching soon. What should I do?
During the library building closure, all materials checked out by patrons are being automatically renewed, even if an item has been renewed for the maximum number of times, has been reserved by someone else, or if there is a return fee on the item.
No return fees will be accumulated during the library building closure.
I have a reserved item waiting for me inside the library. How and when can I pick it up?
Reservations of print materials (both those from before the library building closure and new ones) are now being processed. We will inform you as soon as your order is available and you can pick it up from the self-service shelf in the After Hours Study Room (ground floor, entrance NTK3).
The After Hours Study Room is open Monday to Friday (8.00 - 20.00).
If you reserve an item someone else has checked out, please keep in mind that it might take some time to process your order.
Can I use the Interlibrary Loan Service?
The use of this service is limited, since the delivery of some materials is not possible due to government restrictions and library building closures. Nevertheless, please fill out the form. We will check the situation and let you know.
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Domestic library loan services
- email@example.com – International library loan services
I need a copy of an item from the library. What should I do?
Please, fill out this form and we will check the situation and let you know.
I would like to have a consultation about my research, thesis, or other project. Are consultations still provided?
Yes, consultation services are still available. While the building is closed, we will be pleased to answer your questions via email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (+420) 232 002 535, or to schedule a remote video consultation with you.