Access & Privileges
The Czech Technical University in Prague (CTU) library, situated on the 5th floor, has separate access requirements and borrowing policies; please consult them at the appropriate information desk (second floor) to learn more.
Before registering, you can use the Access & Privileges Tool to find out what patron category to which you would belong and which specific privileges you would have.
Please note we retain the right to revoke access privileges for users of any category; be sure to follow the library rules.
Questions? Please contact us or ask our staff.
Specific groups of users
We have many other patron categories; the following are the most common categories for our English-speaking users:
ChemTK/UCT Prague Community (Students, PhDs, Faculty & Staff)
Registration is free for you.
You can access all NTK and ChemTK eResources at home using the following:
The following doesn't apply if you are a UCT Prague student or employee.
If you don't have a temporary or permanent residence in the Czech Republic, you might have to pay a deposit for some materials and may not be able to:
- Check out materials for home use.
- Access eResources from home.
- Reserve individual study carrels or team rooms.
However, if you're registered, you can still:
- Access all eResources in the library from our computers or your own laptop using our WiFi.
- Use print/scan/copy machines.
- Enter the After Hours Study Room when the main library is closed.