Internships and Staff Exchange Programs
Our intense internship and staff exchange programs provide a unique opportunity to gain practical experience and in-depth insight into the values and cutting edge practices of academic librarianship while working with a vibrant international team of young professionals at one of the top European academic libraries.
Internships for Students
NTK accepts internship applications from high school, college, and university students with an interest in information services (specifically, user-centered academic services). Student internships are unpaid, last 4+ weeks, and are offered twice a year, during the regular Spring Semester (February through May) and the Summer Break (July through September). The number of selected applicants is limited to fourduring each of these internship periods. Participants in international educational and student exchange programs are encouraged to apply. Required language proficiency level is B2 on the CEFR scale, in either English or Czech.
Staff Exchange Programs and Internships for Professionals
NTK accepts internship applications and staff exchange proposals for information professionals, librarians, and institutions with an interest in advanced user-centered academic services. Internships and exchange programs are unpaid, last at least one full week (Monday through Friday), and are offered thrice a year, during the Spring Semester (February through May), the Summer Break (July through September), and during the Fall Semester (October through December). The number of selected applicants is limited to twoduring each of these internship period. Participants in international educational and staff exchange programs (e.g., Erasmus) are encouraged to apply. Required language proficiency level is B2 on the CEFR scale, in either English or Czech.
Before applying, please familiarize yourself with the services provided by NTK, paying close attention to information services for students, teachers, and researchers.
Recommended NTK sources:
- Mission and Vision
- Academic Support
- Subject Guides
- Our Specialists
- SKENDERIJA, Sasha and STEHLÍK, Martin (2017). Before and Beyond Embedding: A Reference Fable from the National Library of Technology in Prague. Paper presented at: IFLA WLIC 2017 – Wrocław, Poland – Libraries. Solidarity. Society in Session 122 - Reference and Information Services. Available at: http://library.ifla.org/1636/1/122-skenderija-en.pdf.
Submitting Your Application
All documents and correspondence must be in PDF format, written in English or Czech, and submitted before the appropriate deadline (see below).
With INTERNSHIP APPLICATION as the subject of your email, please submit the following to Mrs. Markéta Konečná, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Term and type of internship/exchange program (student, professional, staff)
- CV or résumé
- Motivational Statement (500 words max.)
- Introduce yourself, explain why you are the right candidate for this internship, and describe your motivation and interest for doing an internship at NTK
- Any materials or web links demonstrating competencies, skills, or interests (optional)
For STAFF EXCHANGE PROPOSALS, please submit a short description of your institution and a brief statement of intent.
Applicant Review Process
After the submission deadline, all applications will be reviewed by a committee of NTK senior staff. Select applicants will be invited to an interview conducted online in English before final decisions are made.