Reserve an Individual Carrel
An individual carrel is ideal for concentrated study. You can reserve a carrel for a whole semester and keep your personal research materials there. Each carrel is equipped with electrical outlets and Wi-Fi. It will be possible to fill in the form from 13 June to 28 June 2022. The rental period for study rooms is from 11 July to 16 Sepember 2022.
Who can reserve a carrel?
Registered patrons who are also:
- Students/graduate students
- Researchers from Czech universities
- Researchers from the Czech Academy of Sciences
You also need to belong to certain registered patron groups (A, AV, AC, B, BV, BC, C, CV, CC, E, EV, EC, F, FV, FC or AU). If you don't know your group, check it using the Access & Privileges tool. Please note you will probably not be able to rent a carrel if you don't have temporary or permanent Czech residence.
For how long?
- One semester or summer.
- If you are physically disabled, you can reserve one of two dedicated carrels on an hourly or daily basis. To make your reservation, visit a service desk (ground floor or Floor 2).
When and where to apply for a carrel?
Shortly before the beginning of each semester (or the summer), we publish an online registration form. Check our news and social media for information and follow the instructions.
Because of high demand, carrels are distributed using a combination of academic status and a lottery.
- 2000 CZK, including VAT for rental this summer (February 14-July 1)
- Accessible carrels are free of charge (to use them, you must provide proof of disability)
- Valid registration for the entire rental period and academic status (e.g., bachelor, master, PhD, professor) is required.