Reserve an Individual Study Carrel
The Individual Study Carrels are fully occupied by renters for this summer. The online form for a new semester rentals will be available at the beginning of September 2020.
An individual study carrel is ideal for concentrated study. You can reserve a carrel for a whole semester and keep your personal research materials there. Each carrel is equipped with electrical outlets and Wi-Fi.
Who can reserve a carrel?
Registered patrons who are also:
- Students/graduate students
- Researchers from Czech universities
- Researchers from the Czech Academy of Sciences
You also need to belong to certain registered patron groups (A, AV, AC, B, BV, BC, C, CV, CC, E, EV, EC, F, FV, FC or AU). If you don't know your group, check it using the Access & Privileges tool. Please note you will probably not be able to rent a carrel if you don't have temporary or permanent Czech residence.
For how long?
- For semester.
- If you are physically disabled, you can reserve one of two dedicated carrels on a hourly or daily basis. To rent one, visit the floor 1 or 2 service desk.
When and where to apply for a carrel?
Shortly before the beginning of each semester, we publish an online registration form. Check our news and social media for information and follow the instructions.
Because of high demand, carrels are distributed using a combination of academic status and a lottery.
- 2000 CZK, including VAT
- Accessible carrels are free of charge (to use them, you must provide proof of disability)
- Valid registration for the entire rental period and academic status (bachelor, master, PhD, professor, ...) is required.