Reserve an Individual Study Carrel
An individual study carrel is ideal for concentrated study. You can reserve a carrel for a whole semester and keep your personal research materials there. Each carrel is equipped with electrical outlets and Wi-Fi.
The reservation of Individual Study Carrels for Summer (July 9 - September 15, 2018) for 600 CZK has begun. To apply please use the registration form.
Who can reserve a carrel?
Registered patrons who are also:
- Students/graduate students
- Researchers from Czech universities
- Researchers from the Czech Academy of Sciences
You also need to belong to certain registered patron groups (A, AV, AC, B, BV, BC, C, CV, CC, E, EV, EC, F, FV, FC or AU). If you don't know your group, check it using the Access & Privileges tool. Please note you will probably not be able to rent a carrel if you don't have temporary or permanent Czech residence.
For how long?
- Usually for one semester.
- If you are physically disabled, you can reserve one of two dedicated carrels on a hourly or daily basis. To rent one, visit the floor 1 or 2 service desk.
When and where to apply for a carrel?
Shortly before the beginning of each semester, we publish an online registration form. Check our news and social media for information and follow the instructions.
Because of high demand, carrels are distributed using a combination of academic status and a lottery.
- 600 CZK, including VAT (July 9 - September 14, 2018)
- Accessible carrels are free of charge (to use them, you must provide proof of disability)
- Valid registration for the entire rental period and academic status (bachelor, master, PhD, professor, ...) is required.
When processing personal data, the Library is acting in accordance with Czech legal regulations, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the EP and of the Council of 27 April 2016, regarding the protection of natural persons in regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (repealing Directive 95/46/EC, and the Integrated Library Rules), and with the Internal Directive No. 2/2018 of the Director of the NTK.