Reserve an Individual Study Carrel
An individual study carrel is ideal for concentrated study. You can reserve a carrel for a whole semester and keep your personal research materials there. Each carrel is equipped with electrical outlets and Wi-Fi.
The reservation of Individual Study Carrels for Summer (July 10 - September 15, 2017) for 600 CZK has ended. Winners will be contacted by email.
Who can reserve a carrel?
Registered patrons who are also:
- Students/graduate students
- Researchers from Czech universities
- Researchers from the Czech Academy of Sciences
You also need to belong to certain registered patron groups (A, AV, AC, B, BV, BC, C, CV, CC, E, EV, EC, F, FV, FC or AU). If you don't know your group, check it using the Access & Privileges tool. Please note you will probably not be able to rent a carrel if you don't have temporary or permanent Czech residence.
For how long?
- Usually for one semester.
- If you are physically disabled, you can reserve one of two dedicated carrels on a hourly or daily basis. To rent one, visit the floor 1 or 2 service desk.
When and where to apply for a carrel?
Shortly before the beginning of each semester, we publish an online registration form. Check our news and social media for information and follow the instructions.
Because of high demand, carrels are distributed using a combination of academic status and a lottery.