You can find majority of our print materials on shelves 5C/362-391 and focus primarily on new technologies. Our print and electronic journal collections are much richer than our monograph collection, providing information on many more subjects. Our discovery tool will help you search across these collections.
- UPI Health News
- Medscape: Access to articles, news and databases of diseases and drugs only after registration (free of charge) and login.
- World Health Organization: The United Nations public health arm which publishes a large number of statistics and news regarding the current health situation around the globe.
New books in Medicine
|Medicine and the state. Public health. Hygiene. Preventive medicine||5C/371-5C/375||RA1-RA763|
|Medical centers. Hospitals. Dispensaries. Clinics. Forensic medicine. Toxicology||5C/376-5C/377||RA765-RA1270|
|Internal medicine. Examination. Diagnosis. Diseases||5C/379-5C/380||RC1-RC267|
|Oncology. Neuroscience. Cardiovascular diseases. Industrial medicine||5C/381-5C/382||RC268-RC1245|
|Surgery. Ophthalmology. Dentistry||5C/383||RD1-RL803|
|Pharmacy, materia medica||5C/388-5C/391||RS1-RZ999|
You can find the list of relevant electronic journals provided by the library under the categories Health Sciences and Life Sciences. Many journals also publish their content freely in Open Access form:
|ISSN||Title||Periodicals Reading Room||Older volumes|
|IHE International hospital equipment||3D/041||Storage|
|0301-5491||Clinician and technology||3D/041||5C/365|
|1373-1580||Clinical laboratory international||3D/041||Storage|
|Czech and Slovak pharmacy||3D/042||5C/388, Storage|
|0031-7144||Die Pharmazie||3D/042||5C/389, Storage|
Responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety, medications, vaccines, blood transfusions, and medical devices.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Protects public health and safety through the control and prevention of disease, injury, and disability.
- National Library of Medicine: World's largest medical library.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry: Provides trusted health information for preventing harmful exposures and diseases related to toxic substances.
SUKL ensures that all human pharmaceuticals available on the Czech market meet appropriate standards of quality, safety, and efficiency.
- National Institute of Public Health: Health care establishment for basic preventive disciplines. Its main tasks are health promotion and protection, disease prevention, and follow-up of environmental impact on the health status of the population.
- Institute of Health Information and Statistics
- National Library of Medicine: Provides the country's largest collection of books and journal on medicine and related disciplines as well as educational events.
Author: Tomáš Razim