LaTeX Support in English
LateX is a free, open source typesetting system that is particularly good at presenting symbols, formulas, graphs, and non-Roman alphabets. It’s based on the ‘WYSIWYM’ (what you see is what you mean) idea, which means you only have to focus on the contents of your document and the computer will then take care of the formatting. LaTeX includes features designed for the production of technical and scientific documents including articles and presentations.
The National Library of Technology in Prague provides a LaTeX guide as well as face-to-face consultation about LaTeX at the help support desk.
LaTeX Services (in English)
- LaTeX First Help every Monday, 18:00 – 19:00.
- If you wish to meet and discuss your project in detail, please schedule a face-to-face consultation (up to one hour).
- Information and guidelines for Mac OS, Windows and Linux installations, as well as Overleaf, an online, collaborative LaTeX editor.
- Useful guidelines for beginners (structuring your first document, packages, typesetting math in LaTeX, adding images, generating a table of contents, adding a bibliography and citation, adding footnotes, creating tables).
- More advanced topics (generating tables, visualizing data and drawing pictures) with pgfplots tool.
- Learn LaTeX in 30 minutes - Overleaf, Online LaTeX Editor: Quick guide to LaTeX by Overleaf (introduction and basic functions).
- A quick guide to LaTeX - Overleaf, Online LaTeX Editor: A sample template in Overleaf to practice on LaTeX online.
- Free online introduction to LaTeX (part 1) - Overleaf, Online LaTeX Editor: Basics of how LaTeX works, getting started, and lots of examples.
- How To Write a Paper and Format it Using LaTeX - Jennifer E. Hoffman, Harvard University: Explains how to write a paper using LaTeX: outlining, writing, formatting, making figures, referencing, and checking style and content.
- LaTeX - WikiBook, open books for an open world: Guide to the LaTeX typesetting system.
- The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List - Scott Pakin, CTAN: 14,283 symbols and the corresponding LaTeX commands that produce them.
- LaTeX template ctuthesis by T. Hejda - Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics and Cybernetics: The unified TeX/LaTeX template for bachelor, master, and doctoral theses complying with the Czech Technical University in Prague (CTU Prague graphics manual (in Czech only).
- Gallery - Czech Technical University in Prague - Overleaf: LaTeX templates for writing theses at CTU Prague.
- Gallery - Charles University in Prague (Univerzita Karlova v Praze) - Overleaf: LaTeX templates for writing bachelor and master theses at Charles University in Prague.