Registration & Free Day Pass
We offer citizens of Ukraine free one year registration for the National Library of Technology. You will need to verify your identity (e.g. passport or visa) to get free WIFI and access to computers providing free internet connection and printing and copying services. You can also charge your mobile phone or laptop.
Для громадян України пропонуємо безкоштовну річну реєстрацію в Національній технічній бібліотеці. При реєстрації отримаєте можливість: під’єднатися до WIFI у всьому приміщенні бібліотеки, доступ до комп’ютерів з мережою Інтернет, друкування та копіювання документів,зарядка гаджетів (ноутбуки, телефони і т. ін.). Для реєстрації потрібні лише документи, що посвідчують особу (паспорт чи віза).
Registering allows you to take advantage of a wide array of services.
You can register during Patron Services hours.
Benefits of registration
Once you're registered, you'll be entitled to do the following:
- Check out or reserve materials (books, journals, eBooks)
- Use computers and kiosks in the library
- Connect to our LAN ports
- Access Wi-Fi from your own computer
- Access over fifty licensed eResources (technology, science, engineering, and more)
- Reserve team study rooms
- Reserve individual study carrels
- Access the After Hours Reading Room
- Use print/scan/copy machines
- Request an interlibrary loan
Check your privileges using the Access & Privileges Tool.
Even if you do not register, you can enter the library using a free entrance pass.
What you need to register
- A valid passport or identity card
- 100 CZK in cash for one year (50 CZK for a half year). Students, people older than 65 years and disabled pensioners have a 50% discount.
- UCT Prague, IOCB and CULS students/professors/staff: Registration is free.
- A card with your name/photo which will serve as your customer card (e.g., ISIC, ITIC, OpenCard, Lítačka, ČD In-karta). If you do not have a chip card, we will make one (fee: 200 CZK).
- Proof of residence (official residence permit, valid lease agreement, dormitory card, paper from the foreign police, telephone or electricity bill. It must mention your name and your address)
Legal representatives of an organization
- A certificate of incorporation, business license, or other proof of the organization’s establishment
- Two copies of a registration contract, including your organization’s official stamp and signature of an official representative
- Your valid personal passport or identity card
- 1000 CZK in cash for one year (300 CZK for one year in case of University or high school)
A legal representative cannot use individual study carrels and - because of license agreement restrictions - cannot use our eResources.
- If you want to save time, pre-register first. Then come to the library within 30 days to complete the process.
- Print a registration ticket from the ticket machine (near the main library turnstiles; select Registration).
- When your ticket number appears on the monitors, scan it to enter the library through the turnstiles.
- Go to the registration desk to the firs floor.
- After registering, you will receive a printed contract stating what privileges and services you are entitled to; feel free to ask any questions at the desk.
Renewing your registration
You must renew in person at the registration desk on the first floor . The process, fees, and documents required are the same as above.
If you don't want to register, you can still use the library.
To enter, use our free day pass - print it using the ticket machine near the main library turnstiles. Then, scan it to enter.
Be sure not to lose your pass; you will need it to exit the library.
What you can do without registering
- Access your Eduroam account to connect to Wi-Fi
- Use kiosks to browse resources
- Use books in the library
- Read journals and magazines and access databases in the Periodicals Reading Room
- Use the free lockers
- Ask for a research appointment with a librarian
- Order copies from our Reprographic Service Center
Access & Privileges
The Czech Technical University in Prague (CTU) Central Library, situated on the 5th floor, has separate access requirements and borrowing policies; please consult them at the appropriate information desk (second floor) to learn more.
Before registering, you can use the Access & Privileges Tool to find out your patron category and its specific privileges that you would have.
Please note we retain the right to revoke access privileges for users of any category; be sure to follow the library rules.
Questions? Please contact us or ask our staff.
Patron Categories (Group)
The following are the most common categories for our English-speaking users:
ChemTK/UCT Prague Community (Students, PhDs, Faculty & Staff)
Registration is free for you.
You can access all NTK and ChemTK eResources at home using UCT Prague VPN Client.
The following doesn't apply if you are a UCT Prague student or employee.
If you don't have a temporary or permanent residence in the Czech Republic, you may not be able to:
- Check out materials for home use.
- Access eResources from home.
- Reserve individual study carrels or team rooms.
However, if you're registered, you can still:
- Access all eResources in the library from our computers or your own laptop using our WiFi.
- Use print/scan/copy machines.
- Enter the After Hours Study Room.